We’ve got feta at home. I added more garlic to this recipe because that’s how we roll at my house. Enjoy.
Turkey meatloaf with Feta and Sun-dried tomatoes
– Vegetable cooking spray/oil
– 1 lb. of ground turkey
– 2 eggs at room temperature, lightly beaten
– 8 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1/2 cup of bread crumbs (I used Italian style)
– 1/2 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
– 1/4 cup of herb-marinated, sun-dried tomatoes
– 1/3 cup of fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
– 1 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with vegetable oil, set aside.
Place ground turkey in a large bowl and add eggs, bread crumbs, parsley, sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese and garlic.
Roughly fold over all ingredients, add pepper, then continue to fold over until ingredients are combined.
Pack mixture into prepped loaf pan and bake for about 35-45 minutes. If using a thermometer, the internal temperature should reach 165°.
Once temperature is reached, remove from oven and let rest for about 10 mins. Once meatloaf is rested remove from loaf pan, slice and serve. I served the meatloaf with roasted cauliflower and sweet potato but failed to catch a photo of my plate.
Recipe adapted by Giada De Laurentiis
( joanna )